Forms and FAQ
- Source Information on the Seattle Public Schools website.
What if my student is late or absent?
If a student misses school or is late due to an excused absence, a parent/guardian needs to call or email the Jane Addams Attendance office. Call 206-252-4504 or email email@example.com.
Student Health & Safety Guidelines
- If your student shows any cold or flu-like symptoms in the morning, please keep them home from school.
- If your student begins to show any symptoms at school they will be cared for in our Protected Health & Safety Room and we will call you to come pick them up.
- If your student has fever or chills, muscle or body aches, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell or a cough, they will need to get a COVID test and symptoms must resolve before returning to school.
- If your student has only one of the following symptoms they will need to stay home and can return to school if the symptom resolves in 24 hours: headache, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, fatigue, diarrhea, congestion, or runny nose. If the student has more than one of these symptoms, they will need a negative COVID test and symptoms must resolve before returning to school.
We are able to offer a PCR test here at Jane Addams as well, although the turnaround time can depend on time of day and day of week test is administered. Contact Julie Bradley firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about COVID testing at JAMS and send any COVID test.
How do I/my student access schedules, attendance and grades? What’s the deal with the new websites?
Student grades, schedules, assessments and attendance are accessed via The Source , Seattle Public School’s online communication tool. More information on The Source.