Skip To ContentSkip To Content
    20-21 Family Resources
    Posted on 10/19/2020

    All Washingtonians 16 and up are eligible for COVID-19 vaccine  effective April 15th.

    Vaccination Site Finders:

    This link allows people to sign up to be notified if vaccines appointments become available:   

    In-home vaccination is now available

    Starting Monday, April 19th, in-home vaccination is available for people age 16 and older who:

    • Have not yet been vaccinated AND
    • Have an injury, developmental disability or medical condition that makes it difficult to leave the home AND
    • Would require considerable and taxing effort to get vaccinated outside the home

    To request an appointment, call the King County COVID-19 Call Center at 206-477-3977, 8am-7pm. Interpretation is available. You will be asked a few questions to confirm you are eligible for in-home vaccination. 

    Appointments are limited and individuals with the greatest challenges leaving their homes will be prioritized. During in-home vaccination appointments, other adults in the home who have not already been vaccinated can also receive the vaccine. When scheduling, please note how many other adults in the home to include.

    Household Assistance Request program

    Anyone living in King County who tests positive or is exposed to COVID-19 may be eligible to receive a one-time household bill payment of up to $1,500 to help pay their current rent, mortgage, utility, water, phone and internet bills. No application is necessary. Those with a recent positive COVID-19 test or who are identified as a close contact of a positive case will receive a call or text from a King County contact tracer within five days. This will start the enrollment process to determine eligibility. Language assistance will be available. Contact tracers may also reach you via text message from 844-766-2255 and 206-590-5566.



    Call 2-1-1 for support finding local resources and organizations that will suit your needs.

    FamilyWorks will also have a resource center at Nathan Hale on Wednesdays from 12:45-3:00. Located on the south side of the building, by the food distribution site. Somali and Spanish translators available. Help with:

    • Applying for King County Eviction Prevention and Rental Assistance lottery program
    • Basic Food application assistance
    • Free Diaper Program
    • Clothing/Toys
    • Referrals to WIC, Health Insurance and Mental Health Resources
    • And more!

    For clothing, families can get a referral from Family Works to make an appointment at the Community Closet or call (206) 694-6727 in Wallingford to select clothing.


    The Community Services Division of DSHS provides food and cash assistance programs that can be applied for completely by phone through the Customer Service Contact Center at 877-501-2233. Interview hours are 8:00am-3:00pm Monday through Friday.

    • The cash programs offered include disability related programs, family related programs for families with minor children, and the Disaster Cash Assistance Program that is in place for as long as the Governor’s disaster proclamation related to COVID-19 continues. Any cash funds received from these programs can be used by the recipient to pay their outstanding bills as they see fit.


    The Department of Commerce also has housing related programs available. Their phone number is 360-725-4000 and their website is

    Washington Covid-19 Immigrant Relief Funds Application

    The Washington COVID-19 Immigrant Relief Fund is considered one-time disaster relief assistance. Receiving assistance from this fund should not impact people’s ability to obtain a green card.  Applications for the second round of the Washington COVID-19 Immigrant Relief Fund will be accepted from April 21 to May 21.

    Enrichment Programs:


    Food/Home Supplies:

    • SPS Food Sites: Nathan Hale, Olympic Hills, and Cedar Park. Mon-Fri 11:15-1:15.
    • Food Lifeline: 206-545-6600. North Seattle College 9600 College Way N, Seattle 98103 (enter on NE 95th St.). Pickup time and location may change weekly.
    • North Helpline: 12736 33rd Ave NE, Seattle 98125. Food box pickup: Wed 10-1, Thurs 4:30-6:30, Sat 10-1. For Delivery, leave a message at 206-367-3477.
    • U District Food Bank: 5017 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle 98105. Food box pickup: Mon 9-2:45, Tues 11-7:45, Thurs 11-7:45, Fri 11-3:45. For delivery, leave a message at 206-523-7060.
    • United Way Food Bank: To request a food box, fill out this online form or call 833-540-0800 Mon-Fri 11-4.
    • Eckstein MS Community Supply Pantry- 3003 NE 75th St, Seattle, WA 98115 School every Friday from 11:15-1:15. The pantry offers school supplies, basic hygiene and cleaning supplies, masks, and more.


    Baby Care Products:

    • EBC Northshore: 6524 NE 181st St, Site 6, Kenmore 98028. 425-209-1136.




    • ORCA Cards available for middle school students (grades 6-8) who are currently eligible for yellow bus service.  If you would like a card, please contact or call 206-252-0947. Cards will be prepared and delivered to the closest Technology Resource Center to your student’s school of attendance and you will receive a confirmation when and where you may pick it up.  A Conditions of Use form will need to be signed by the parent/guardian or student to receive an ORCA card.

    • Aetna and Lyft are partnering with Seattle Schools to offer free rides of up to $20 for students and families. These rides can be used for safe and reliable transportation for students and families to travel to school, work, food pantries, grocery stores, pharmacies, and medical facilities.  Families can request access to the Lyft ride code link by completing the Lyft Ride Code Request Form. The code is valid for $20 and must be used within 60 days of access.  Lyft Ride Code Request Form:

    • No-cost Metro, Sound Transit passes available for people with very low incomes- To sign up, reach the Department of Social and Health Services at 877-501-2233 or Public Health – Seattle & King County at 800-756-5437.

    Mental Health Services:


    Other Assistance:


    Housing Assistance Programs

    • Byrd Barr Place | (206) 812-4940 They can help avoid eviction with temporary rental assistance or connect you to housing resources.
    • Catholic Community Services | (206) 328-5724 Offers King County residents emergency assistance. At most once per year, the non-profit provides move-in cost assistance, eviction prevention, emergency rent help and limited motel and shelter


    • El Centro De La Raza | (206) 329-0786 Provides assistance for various types of housing emergencies.
    • Jewish Family Services | (206) 861-8796 JFS provides services to people of all backgrounds as well as Jewish individuals and families. Financial assistance may be available for emergencies like eviction prevention, move-in costs such as first/last months’ rent and security deposits, medical expenses, past due utility bills, transportation, or school clothes.
    • LifeWire | (425)746-1940 LifeWire helps victims of DV situations to assist with their rent. They’ll also help them with finding new housing and really work hard to prevent homelessness among DV victims and their children.
    • Plymouth Housing Group | (206) 374-9409 Provides permanent, supportive housing for single adults 18 years or older who are homeless or have income less than 30% of local median income.
    • Solid Ground | (206) 694-6767 Some limited one-time rental assistance is offered. However more extensive is free eviction counseling, and basically free advice for those who receive eviction notices. Also get advice and support including information on tenants' rights and responsibilities.
    • Saint Vincent de Paul Financial Assistance | (206) 767-6449  The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is one of the largest charity organizations in the country. They are committed to providing social services, resources and financial assistance across the United States. The Society of St. Vincent de Paul parish near you is a non-profit that offers a unique style of personal assistance with food, clothing, gasoline, medicine, rent, utilities, and transportation to people facing economic or emotional crises. People of all backgrounds and religion can get assistance.
    • Salvation Army | (206) 442-8365 Resources can help with housing needs, with a focus on preventing homelessness in the King County area. Some of the services can include eviction prevention, move-in and security deposit assistance, limited rent help, and utility bill assistances. Counseling services are provided at the same time. Any type of assistance paid out is by appointment only and may require an interview process.
    • University Churches Emergency Fund | (206) 524-7885 Can offer emergency assistance up to once per year. Income limitations are in place. Call the program to get emergency financial assistance and referrals to non-profits.
    • Wellspring Family Services Housing Services | (206) 902-4271 Offers programs including eviction prevention and rental assistance. Among other housing programs and services, the agency provides limited financial assistance and cash grants for low-income (50% or less of HUD income guidelines) and working poor individuals and families. In addition, speak to a counselor about housing stability services, advocacy, and eviction prevention programs.
    • West Seattle Helpline | (206) 932-4357 Provides limited emergency rent assistance to prevent eviction from homes and apartments.
    • World Relief Seattle | (253) 277-1121  Provides assistance for refugees and immigrants new to the USA.
    • YWCA Assistance Programs | (206) 461-4851 Hundreds of non-profit and charities are part of the YWCA or they work closely with the organization. The agency provides several services to women, their children, and families. Every year millions of people turn to the non-profit for help with childcare, economic empowerment, employment, and assistance for domestic violence. The YWCA also supports veterans and their families.


    Mental Health and Wellness Resources for Extra Support:


    Local Organizations and Community Groups:


    Social Justice Resources for Families:


    If you have any additional questions, please contact the JAMS office.